Building a Community center by understanding social dynamics and participatory planning in a homegrown neighborhood in Bogota
Project Lari begins as an international design competition, that seeks innovative proposals for movable-urban devices in the Indian context. The pursue is to reimagine street carts, keeping in mind women as a target user group and explore the potentials of informal commerce as a legitimate economic resource, while reevaluating the possibilities it offers in the construction of public space. The objective of the competition, is to select an outstanding entry in order to detail, construct, and implement it in a collaboration with Chaal.chaal.agency.
The Competition is open to all human beings, from every age and cultural background, working in groups or individually. Teams can be formed by a maximum number of 3 people. Personal information of all the team members can be uploaded during the registration procedure.
• 1 A1 in landscape format with appropriate drawings (plans, sections, 3D-visualisations)
• 1 A3 in landscape format, containing a BILL OF QUANTITIES as per given format
• 1 A4 in landscape format, containing a 200 word WRITE UP
Note: The format for the above will be shared once the individual/team registers along with a TEAM CODE.
>> Winner: Will receive the opportunity to develop their project under the mentors up to a satisfactory constructive stage, that allows for its manufacture in Ahmedabad, India. Due to COVID-19, CCA will take charge of coordinating the different agencies involved (community, manufacturer, etc.) in order to materialize a 1:1 prototype that can be implemented on-site, that being, Behrampura.
>> 2 Honourable mentions Publication on our website/social media + Certificate
Early registration > 15 September - 1 October - 2000 INR
Standard registrations > 2 October - 8 November - 2500 INR
Late registrations > 9 November - 28 November - 3000 INR
DEADLINE > 29 November, 23:59 IST
1. SALONIE MURALIDHARA HIRIYUR, Senior Coordinator, SEWA Cooperative Federation, India
2. ALEJANDRA VILLAMIL, Active member, C-Innova, Colombia
3. CARLA QUESADA, Coordinator of the Gender & inclusive cities, Center for Urban Sustainability Foundation, Costa Rica
4. SANKALPA, Architect, Co-founder, Thumbimpressions Collaborative, India
5. VIDHYA MOHANKUMAR, Urban Designer, Founder, Urban Design Collective, India
1. Chaal.chaal.agency, India and Colombia
2. Urbz, Colombia
3. SEWA cooperative federation, India
Click here to download the design brief
Registration link >> Project Lari